CDP Forum Forum Index CDP Forum
NOTE: The forum is being replaced by support.icd.no

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting (static) ip-address on a Phoenix FL IL 24 BK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svein

PostPosted: Thu 8 Nov 10:05:54 2007    Post subject: Setting (static) ip-address on a Phoenix FL IL 24 BK Reply with quote

The Phoenix FL IL 24 BK Ethernet i/o node can be given an ip address by using for instance the ControllerSetup tool (included in CDP), which can act as a DHCP server while booting the node.

However, it is not possible to force the FL IL 24 BK to keep this ip-address. That is, it is not possible to prevent the FL IL 24 BK from requesting a new ip-address from a DHCP server during startup. Shocked

But, if there is no DHCP server on the network, the IB IL 24 BK will use the same ip-address as it did the previous time.

Therefore, to use static ip address, use a DHCP server once to give it an ip address. Then, make sure that the node never boots on a network with a DHCP server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CDP Forum Forum Index -> I/O configuration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: